The Domestic Talking Machine Corp. was located at 33rd and Arch Sts. from its founding in 1916 until 1919 when they moved to Latrobe, Pa. In 1919, they had 46 male employees, 4 female employees and an office staff of 14.
This wasn't Powelton's first involvement with "talking machines." The 1910 census listed Octavia, Jason and Sylvester Geiger (3402 Powelton Ave.) working for a talking machine maker. Ocatvia and Sylvester were artists and Jason was a salesman.